How To Get Prismatic Shards Without Skull Cavern In Stardew Valley


A prismatic shard is the most rear and I guess the most valuable item in the game. It is known for being extremely hard to get and also known for being acquired in skull cavern.

If you know anything about me or have read any other stardew valley articles I have written, I hate skull cavern. I like the peaceful side or stardew or more so the relaxing part. The stress and anger of skull cavern have made me grown to hate it.

But I did find an easy way to get prismatic shards without even entering the desert.

The simple answer is dust sprites on levels 40-80 with the burglar ring after reaching the bottom of the mines.

After reaching the end of the mines in town all monsters now have the chance to drop a prismatic shard at 0.05%. This means you can technically get them from any mob but the dust sprites are important. 1) You need to kill 500 of them to get the buglers ring. 2) they normally come in packs and you can find a lot of them throughout the levels 40-80 meaning your chances raise by a significant amount. Meaning they have a better chance if you are farming for the shard.

The bugler ring is again obtained by killing 500 dust sprites and can be earned form the adventures gill. The ring while wearing it makes the chance of all mobs drops have the double chance of dropping increasing your chances to 0.1%

It is also a wonderful way to farm coal.

Why would you need a prismatic shard?
Well, there are a few reasons. My favorite one is the galaxy sword, which is the most powerful sword in the game. You acquire it by holding a prismatic shard in the desert between the three towers in the upper right corner. Another is the museum. To complete the museum collection you need at least one prismatic shard. Spoiler Next! And Lastly, you'll need it for the final bundle if you take the community center route to build the movie theater.

This was something I worked on myself because, again I hate skull cavern, but I still needed the shards and I have gotten 3 before year 3 all without skull cavern. If that shows anything about how this is a better way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skyrim Banners In Minecraft

8 Pop Culture References In Regular Show

8 Famous Foods From Regular Show