One Year Later In Animal Crossing New Horizions

 


The one-year anniversary has actually passed and I am finally getting around to talking about the last year in animal crossing. This year has been a long one and animal crossing has been somewhat of a savior. Currently, as I am writing this on March 25th of 2021 I have 390 hours in animal crossing new horizons. So much has changed in the past year especially in animal crossing. I have created my island from the ground up and it honestly will never be finished cause there is always more I want to do and change.

This is the only picture that I have of my original island before changing everything you can see in the corner, it is still some progress in but it definitely looks different now. I originally took this picture because one of my villagers was on the back edge and all you can see is his head and I thought it was funny. 


If I remember right I did not give animal crossing a five-star review when it first came out. I don't remember much it has been a year but I want to talk about all of the updates and my opinions and my view on the game now as a whole. The events I am going to talk about are only major ones with events and such that I felt truly unpacked the game. There are a lot more updates that add items and fix plenty of bugs that are great and made the game better.


The first update brought us bunny day. Now I know a lot of people hated this update because of how often the eggs would spawn and some people did not trust Zipper but I actually really liked bunny day. I didn’t mind the eggs I was playing casually, and if I really needed something I would time jump a day (the max I ever time jump is a day for words or backward to the correct date which does nothing) I still have a room felt cared to bunny day and I’m excited about the new items in the Nook shop. 


The next update was the earth day update which added Leif and this update was amazing. I loved the bushes I still have a ton around my island and he helped get me flowers I could not find in the shop or on mystery islands. This also added Redd and though I still barely have any art in my museum this was a needed update, he has been part of almost all previous games and art is an important piece in animal crossing history. Still, wish they would add Gyroids. And lastly, this update included the wedding season. I’m not going to lie I didn’t like this. Both Reese and Cyrus deserved better, they should have been implemented into the full game. As well as this event didn’t pique my interest very much because you can just spam items and they will give you the heart crystals. I only did it enough to get the cake and then never went back. I think it’s cute but not really fair to the characters as well as not a fun event. 


Next was the summer update which added diving. I think the idea is cool, and I never did much of it in New Leaf. But personally, I don’t actually like diving. It takes so long to get anywhere and you have to button smash, I wish you would hold down a button and still swim at max speed and they should make max speed higher. Another thing is the wet suits are so inconvenient. You can’t do anything while wearing them and you can’t make them into a wand outfit and it is annoying that it just takes up space in my inventory. The only way around that I have found is making it your main outfit and putting the outfit you really want to wear as a wand outfit. But to change wand outfits you still need to take it off. This just wasn’t my favorite thing, I feel like it was overhyped. I do like the pirate items but half of the time when I get the Gulivarrr he gives me clothes. It takes forever. As well as Pascal. I have given him so many scallops and most of the time he gives me a pear which is good for crafting the mermaid series but I can’t craft it if I don’t have the DIY so it makes them useless. 


The next update added new items and features, as well as Luna which added dream addresses back into the animal crossing universe. I haven’t actually messed with this at all but this is still a good feature to have for creators to share their island and have people “visit” without a million people trying to join their island and creating chaos. 


The next update is the fall update which added Halloween, pumpkins, and candy. I really loved this update, this update got me back on an animal crossing kick. I absolutely adore the added feature of a new plant, the pumpkins are amazing and have a permanent spot on my island, I want in love with all the Halloween items but the event was fun. I still have items on my island such as the candy sets in front of everyone’s house and the pumpkin and pumpkin stack placed backward as decoration near the pumpkin plant farm. 


The winter update is next on the list. I think turkey day was really cute working to make food and all the items are just like classic thanksgiving day items and I actually dedicated a room in my house to turkey day and it’s so homey and I very much love it. The Christmas event or “Toy Day” was very cute and I enjoyed it, actually had to go back recently because I never checked my stocking. I will admit though I absolutely hated the snow boys. I did it, even made a post about how to do it almost every time, but they are rude as hell and the only reason I did it was for the popsicle item, and then later for the nook miles. I also hate when DIY’s are only in balloon form and it took me forever and many iron bars (if you know what I mean) to get the glowing items such as the tree and deer. But I love the rainbow tree, I still have it on my island. 


The next update is the Festival update. And though I did not have power when this event happened (for a whole week due to the ice storm in Oregon) I did go back and I did enjoy the event, I originally wasn’t a fan because I did not like the color sets, but I wanted to try the event for the special item like all events have, and I discovered the rainbow set and I love it. I have a little area dedicated to the rainbow festival set with every item, honestly love the confetti machine the best.


Second, to the latest update is the Mario update, I thought this was cool originally but when I found the items would stay permanently it made them less special unlike in new leaf where you had to walk to get coins to trade for a random item with, if I remember right, a fortune cookie. I still think the pipes are pretty cool being able to travel across my island is nice, I have one next to my house and the other next to my shop. And I do have an entire Wario outfit because he’s my favorite, but nothing else was really worth it. If they made them somehow exclusive even just a little it would make them more worth having. But the items are cool I just don’t personally have a use for them, I either like it enough to want it on my island or it’s exclusive to an event or time. 


And the latest update is the Sanrio collaboration. I don’t like the Sanrio cards, I think that’s an item that’s too exclusive, I think one of the villagers is cute but I will probably never end up having them unless someone in my house gets them, I don’t think they are worth it. To be fair I’ve never been a fan of the Hello Kitty universe, just a personal preference. I do like the 50 new design slots. I’m excited about the photos through the phone app, and I’m really excited about the new bunny day items I love the way they look.

The original gang, which I still have Ursala!


I still love this game, I still play this game and if you have a switch I would recommend playing this. Happy One year anniversary Animal Crossing New Horizons, and thank you. I can not wait to see what the future holds with this game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skyrim Banners In Minecraft

8 Pop Culture References In Regular Show

8 Famous Foods From Regular Show