When is it Okay to Have a Promise Ring?


I was having a discussion with my friend about when is it okay to give/receive a promise ring. Like being in a relationship at least. I feel like some people promise rings can seem weird or a big step. For me personally, it is a small reminder that someone loves you. Perspective is important in topics like this. A promise ring can mean many things to many people and none of them are wrong. My friend asked me while we were having this discussion "What is the promise?" and that took me a second because I know that the first thing that came to mind was a promise to love each other but I was not sure that actually how I felt. I soon came up with the answer that in my opinion, the promise in a promise ring is a promise that I want a future with you. Yes, that can change but I feel like as long as you ware that while dating me that's what it means, that you want to. An engagement ring means you will. My friend doesn't believe a promise ring is necessary and there is nothing wrong with that, I respect that. But personally, I think maybe 6 months can be a good time to give/receive a promise ring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skyrim Banners In Minecraft

8 Pop Culture References In Regular Show

8 Famous Foods From Regular Show