I Heard a Noise - Child Abuse


I hear noises from upstairs. There's yelling and pounding. My heart beats fast and I get the pit feeling in my stomach like I always do. I find myself thinking of all the things I could do wrong. I think of all the situations of yelling and screaming the could occur. I start to worry and feel myself wanting to hide. I shut the sound off on everything trying to listen in. I hold my breath for a reason I am not sure. Maybe to listen better? Maybe because if I hold my breath they can't hear me? I listen more and every sound almost sounds like its coming towards me. I panic more and think of reasons I should leave. It's not my house, I am only a guest. There is a moment of silence. Then I hear laughter. I remember there are children here. The noise was children. I stop holding my breath. I think about how I am so broken that any sound is threatening because that's all its ever been. I sit here and think about how worried I got that they would come down here and yell at me even though I did nothing wrong. I sit here crying as I write because all I can think about is how my childhood and current home is so shitty that I get scared by children playing. I am so sad at the thought that I am nowhere near people who hurt me and I still have this fear enough to act on. Does this ever go away?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skyrim Banners In Minecraft

8 Pop Culture References In Regular Show

8 Famous Foods From Regular Show